(Note: Post has been updated on 03/08/2020 to include relevant information.)
While working in various marketing roles over the past years, I understand how fast digital marketing is changing. To help keep me up-to-date on the latest skills, the AMA Professional Certified Marketer program will equip me with latest practices and techniques.
Certification Program Enhancements
On March 2nd, 2020, the American Marketing Association (AMA) announced that they have partnered up with the Digital Marketing Institute for the opportunity to receive 2 certifications with one exam.
Maintaining your AMA PCM Certification
- Earn and report a minimum of 30 CEUs prior to your expiration date with no fewer than 10 CEUs each year.
- Pay a $75 renewal fee after 3 years from the date you were certified.
- You can enter the Digital Marketing Pro program (Optional)
With the partnership with the Digital Marketing Institute, the new certification program has been named “Digital Marketing Pro.”
The cost to access their courses and the exam (first attempt) is $1,955.
That is a huge jump in the cost from their previous certification cost of $249 for AMA members and $349 for non-members (up to 3 attempts). The increase of cost is speculated by having access to online learning courses and receiving dual certifications.
There are no prerequisites to enroll. The courses allows you to learn everything at a foundational level.
If you purchase the course and find that you don’t have the time, you can receive a full refund within 14-days if you haven’t accessed the program.
- Helping you advance in your career – whether that is landing a new job or promotion.
- The ability to add two internationally recognized certificates to your LinkedIn profile. The DMI Pro and PCM certificate.
- Using the letters “PCM” after your name.
- Fulfilling some marketing agencies as a mandatory requirement.
- Keeping up-to-date on the latest digital marketing skills, strategies, and techniques.
Studying and Estimated Time
The Digital Marketing Pro Certification program is lead by the Digital Marketing Institute with 30 hours of online training and a 3 hour exam. The online training is presented in modules:
- Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Paid Search (PPC) using Google Ads
- Display and Video Advertising
- Website Optimization
- Analytics with Google Analytics
- Digital Marketing Strategy
The online training is flexible to fit into your busy schedule.
The 3-hour exam is administered by a computer-based testing partner, Pearson VUE.
You must score a minimum of 60% to pass the exam.
The exam fee is included in the initial cost of the program. If you fail, the retake cost is about $68.
The new partnership with the Digital Marketing Institute has enhanced the program by providing marketers with up-to-date content and access to tools, marketing network, and resources (Free in your first year).
With over 10+ years of experience in marketing and design, Jiun help businesses manage and execute marketing campaigns, track goal metrics, develop SEO-friendly content, optimize the buyer lifecycle, and collaborate with multiple partners, vendors, and press to maximize a brand’s lead acquisition strategy. Her background in marketing, graphic design, and front-end web development allows her to easily plan, communicate, and develop projects to meet your organizational goals.